11.16.2005

SECOND PLACE AIN'T SO BAD SOMETIMES...

So my Philly Phabulous girls and I had a boffo time at Quizzo this week. Our team, "Alan Alda is my Friend's Cousin" came in SECOND PLACE waaay above Sofa Kingdom, the team that ALWAYS wins at Quizzo. We got a whopping $20 off our bar tab and an evening of pointing fingers and laughing at the members of Sofa Kingdom.

So give me a second to gloat. We only came in second by a measley 2 points, which we could have won if we had guessed South Dakota instead of West Virginia or Little Ricky Ricardo instead of Bobby Brady. Or had gotten the Edward Muskie question right and put 1972 instead of 1980. You get the drift.

But the winds are 'a changin' 'cause you ain't seen so many 's in one sentence. Seriously, though. I have a good feeling about next Tuesday. Could it be that it is November 22nd and Johnny promised us a Kennedy Wild Card Round if the assassination happened to fall on a Tuesday? Hells yes. And I reminded him, too.

So hang on to your hats, kids. We might have some good news next Tuesday.

Until then, I'm getting my Ikea furniture delivered tomorrow for my new apartment in Albany, which I will be searching for on Friday. New York City and Thursday. Buffalo and Niagara Falls on Saturday. Back to Albany on Sunday if necessary, but watch out, this Monkee may be coming to a town near you soon!

Hah! I've always wanted to say that.

Until then, be well, friends.

No comments: