11.25.2005

NOT GREAT QUIZZO NEWS. AAAND PAT MORITA. SIGH. BUT LICKING THE DOORKNOB DOESN'T WORK WHEN YOU HAVE A CHECK IN HAND...

Had a great Thanksgiving, but that's neither here nor there. Really.

For everyone's information, we came in sixth in Quizzo even with the Kennedy Wild Card Round. It was a rather difficult Kennedy Wild Card - all assassination - and the last five questions weren't even about Kennedy. We did what we could. We didn't do too bad. We got some really hard ones in there. But what can you do? Looks like we'll just have to keep trying - even though I'm leaving the area.

Sad news that Pat Morita, aka Mr. Miyagi died today. I am very saddened by it.

But there has been lots of good news on the horizon. Had lots of good qualitiy time with family and my aunt who is leaving tomorrow to return to the Philippines. My mom, myself, and my aunt, have had a fantastic time lately.

But most importantly, I found that even if you lick the doorknob, that can't trump someone with a check in hand. I have been searching for apartments in Albany for a while. Though I actually only did leg work for two days. Anyway, after looking at more than a dozen, I walked into the last place and just knew. You know what I mean? Where you just know? You get the feeling? I got it. And pretty strong. I knew this was the apartment that I wanted. It was pricier than I had hoped, but you know, it was exactly what I wanted. Right size, right location, perfect building.

Apparently, some girl had already seen it before me and the guy gave her "dibs" on it. Mad Dog was like, "Did she lick the doorknob?"

Well standard shotgun rules will never apply in apartment hunting. This girl had her parents come up from Westchester to see the apartment. My guess is that mommy and daddy were kicking in.

Long story short, I got the apartment. Turns out Mommy and Daddy Westchester didn't want baby living in an "urban" area, so they wanted her to go with the "safer" suburbs. Which don't really apply in this case. So hahahahahaha, I get the apartment. Now I just have to do the whole "moving" thing and get the process going. Which is a whole other story for another time.

Hope you all had good Turkey days. Talk to you all soon when I have something remotely entertaining. Which might be soon. Who knows?

No comments: