1.30.2005

I feel like I'm slowly going insane.

I have yet to know when or where I'll be assigned, and this fact is slowly driving me insane.

Don't get me crazy. I love vacation time. And it's really not that bad, at least I know I have a job.

But the uncertainty of knowing is driving me insane. And only because I have become totally complacent by not knowing when or where I will be going.

Translation: I have a lot of shit to do and I have no idea how long I've got to do it.

I'm still unpacking and cleaning. Plus, I'm packing bags for the eventual "You're going here on this day" call. This house has so much crap in it and now I find out that the Salvation Army doesn't pick up, so I have to drop off all of the shit at their warehouse, which will most likely take me an entire afternoon if not a majority of my day. Not neat.

And really, it's just that I can't make plans. I don't know if I can go back to Syracuse to visit my home. Don't know if I can go to Philly to visit friends. Don't know if I can go to NYC to feel saddened by my departure. I did steal away to DC with Fabs, and while it was awesome seeing Michael and Foyelicious, I felt like the back of my mind was nagging the front of it to remind me how much work I have to do.

So after I drop Fabs off at the train tonight, I have decided to put my ass in major hauling mode. I want to finish off the boxes and cleaing by Wednesday. Then, I can realy relax until I leave.

I just want my mind back. Or something that makes me feel like I'm being, I dunno, a more productive part of society.

All of this to really just say that unemployment sucks.

No comments: