12.15.2004

I'm sick.

Well, not sick sick because that would just be easier. Instead, I've got a weird allergy/sinus thing happening. And it's freaking annoying as hell!

But yesterday, So Young and I took my grandmother to DC and it was a day of memories for me. We drove down through Chestertown, past good 'ol Washington College. Then we drove over the bridge (and yes, I played the bridge song - know your roots) and through Annapolis (god, it's a gorgeous town). Then we hit 50E right into DC on New York Avenue and drove to my usual spots. This time, we avoided Georgetown and hit the Archives and the Museum of American History. So Young went to see the Hope Diamond (why do I think it's nothing to write home about?) while Mamang and I toured the First Lady gallery (much more my speed).

So then Mamang was tired so we headed home north through Baltimore this time (just making a big loop). We went into Bawlmer for dinner and went to the Paper Moon Diner, around the corner from my old apartment (the Joy Pad) where we feasted on my favorite dish they make (Turkey Powerhouse). Then it was back home to Delaware (god, I called it home) but first we stopped at the 24-hour Walmart to get draino for the kitchen sink. Yes, So Young and I have been there a lot in the past two weeks, but last night, I was reminded of how often Rossie and I would go at 2am to get out of Chestertown.

Ah. Memories. Now I need to go and blow my nose. I hate being sicky.

No comments: