12.29.2004

I'll never watch TV the same way again.

I know it's been awhile, but those of you who know me know that I can't just take a vacation. No, instead, I turned a month and a few weeks into a home renovation project. Neat. But I'm trying to be good about it. So Young and I take breaks every now and then. Like when Jill and Fabs were here. Or this past week, spending Christmas back home in Syracuse.

I won't regale you with boring stories of a very relaxed and fairly boring Christmas with the folks. I only have two things to impart after a fabulous trip home, anyway.

First, is anyone else who is my age disturbed by the number of weddings or engagements of their fellow high school friends? Because everyone I know is either affianced or married. Well, not everyone. But enough to disturb me. Not that marriage or my friends being happy disturbs me, it's just that it's weird to think that my friends from yonder in my past are now married. Or even stranger was finding out my junior prom date, who has been happily married for a few years now, is a father. I still think of him running around the halls of the high school performing wrestling moves (we're talking WWF, not uni-tard with protective gear wrestling) on our friends. See? Weird.

Random injected thought: why do flu shots hurt like a bitch? Damn! And yes, I managed to get a flu shot. I know I'm not high-risk, but now that the government actually has enough, people aren't running to get it because everyone still thinks there is a shortage. Hah. Of course, my arm hurts like a bitch. Damn! (I blame Napoleon Dynamite for this random stream)

Second, I'll never watch TV the same again because of Ooter's sick tripped-out pad in the 'Cuse. Her dad was working on the new additions just this summer and this trip home, it was all done. See, they have a "movie room" in their house now - complete with heated floors, stadium-style seating (it's really just two rows, but still), comfy and huge leather couches, a nine foot hi-def projection screen - I mean, it's intense. And the night before leaving 'Cuse, Oot had a Monday night football party with assorted friends from FM and BHMC and I brought Steve and Sugene, who proceeded to stare, as I had, at the screen with mouths sort of hanging open in an "oh my god" kind of way. Intense.

Even my parent's 46 inch flat screen was a dissapointment after that. Imagine how I feel turning on the 13 inch in my room.

I'll just never look at TV the same. Damn!

No comments: