3.07.2005

Being sick blows.

I somehow managed to get pretty sick this weekend. I mean, I had been feeling like I was getting sick and I knew it, but I didn't think it would hit me all at once.

I was in DC for training - and that was exhausting enough.

But on Friday at around 4, right when I finally got off the phone making work calls now that I've been hit with the work bat, I suddenly felt like a big piece of crap.

And I'm posting because something happened to me Friday night that has never happened to me before when I am sick.

So I did what only someone who thinks they have a head cold/flu/throat ache/ear infection does.

I slept.

A lot.

Drank lots of fluids, pumped myself with tylenol, grabbed the echinachea drops, hopped on the couch with a comforter, and passed out.

When I woke up, I was really sick. Fever. Chills. Sore throat. Starting to get the congestion.

So I then decided to take a shower. Get the germs off of me. It seemed to work.

When I was done, I headed back downstairs on the couch, presumably to sleep some more.

And then, for no apparent reason, I started crying.

Wha???

I was so freakin' sick that I started crying. Maybe it was out of frustration. But my head was so hot, my body was racked with chills, I started CRYING.

I think it was my head trying to release the heat from my body. It had to be. Because I wasn't emotional. But I was sitting there, tears streaming down my face, laughing at myself, and wondering what the hell was happening to me.

Anyone else have that happen before? Jesu-flips.

No comments: