10.28.2005

HOOKED UP IN BUFFAFALO!!!

Okay. So I shuffled off to Buffalo yesterday and I have been running around this city like it was going out of style.

But I got hooked up here. HOOKED UP!
So Brian and I get to the Avis Rent-A-Car where the woman asks me if I'd like the convertible for my luxury car. I kind of do a double take. I squint back at her. I'm conflicted. I've been asked for the first time if I'd like the convertible. And I have to turn it down. Because no one in their right mind would chose the convertible in Buffalo in October-soon-to-be-November.

Of course it's going to be 60 degrees on Sunday. Neat.

So I'm like, "Great, I got the Malibu or the Pontiac."

Mad Dog still has it good with the 'Stang, but mama got a Pontiac Cruiser.

Yes. It's a strange as hell car. But considering my other rentals - the Grand AM, the Focus, the Impala, the random GM car that I can't ever remember the name of - I think it's an interesting choice. Hell, I could have had the convertible. Damnhellass.

But that's not all. So I had to change hotels - nothing big, just they couldn't get me at the one downtown, so I was at the Hampton at the airport. It was nice enough. The Hampton at the airport in Albany is suhweet.

But the Hampton Downtown Buffalo is AWESOME. I'm worried I'm not going to get a suite. I think I'm getting a single or worse, a double (two twin beds - what the hell am I going to do with that?).

Nah. I got the King Sized single with JACUZZI.

Mama's living large!

Of course, I'm at the office and meetings and running around all the time, so who can enjoy it?

It might have been 2:30 in the morning. I don't care if my neighbor is asleep. Mama got in the jacuzzi. It is niiice. I have a feeling I'm spending time in that thing for the next 13 days.

The campaign is interesting. I dunno what to think yet except that I'll be busy getting canvass stuff ready all day tomorrow for Saturday.

Oh, and one more thing. I'm an Ani DiFranco fan, right? Been listening to her for over 10 years, right?

The church she and Scott saved (as documented in "Render") is a block down the street from me. I could spit on the future of Righteous Babe Records - they're conserving and rebuilding the church into a concert and art center where RBR's office will be.

Dood.

I'm finding Buffalo to be exactly like the Ani song, "Subdivision", and I'm finding that I also love a lot of the cute little businesses around here. I heart the coffee shop across the street from the Starbucks where there are more folks in the coffee shop than in Starbucks (success!) and the row of restaurants and pubs around here. Me like. I have a feeling I'm stopping into that coffee shop every morning before heading into the office.

Oy. It's late. And I need to get up in a few hours. So hope you're all doing well.

And to my Philly Phabulous Girls: I really missed all of you Tuesday night - it felt so strange to be so far away. Hope you're kicking some Sofa Kingdom ass! Or at least someone's ass! And remember, when in doubt, Martina Navratilova.

No comments: