9.01.2005

So I know it's been awhile, but my life has been upended with all the family stuff I'm dealing with. Long story short, my dad is still in the hospital and not doing well, we've had family in from all corners - California and Canada, and besides work and the Philly Fringe, I've been pretty exhausted and finally starting to feel the mental, emotional, and physical fatigue. But we take one day at a time and that's how you survive.

In the meantime, I've found that my problems pale in comparison to what's happening in the Gulf states. And knowing how political I am, I will refrain from my usual soap box rants about the President flying by in a helicopter - hey, at least it only took him two days to get there, that's an improvement from 9/11...

But I'll let this speak for itself. Rather fascinating, no? It's about time the country started to wake up.

Editor and Publisher notes that, "On June 8, 2004, Walter Maestri, emergency management chief for Jefferson Parish, Louisiana; told the Times-Picayune: 'It appears that the money has been moved in the president's budget to handle homeland security and the war in Iraq, and I suppose that's the price we pay. Nobody locally is happy that the levees can't be finished, and we are doing everything we can to make the case that this is a security issue for us.'

No comments: