9.09.2005

I find myself in Detroit at the moment. Sitting in an internet cafe in the airport, wearing very comfortable clothes as I try to eat what I would consider the last solid meal I might have in the next 19 hours.

I doubt there are many people out there who continue to read this since I've failed at posting thus far. But I know that there are a few of you who still faithfully click on my blog when you are bored, so for the few and the brave, I shall endeavor to continue.

I plan on blogging a lot in the next two weeks. I'll wager that almost all of you who read this know that my father passed away on Sunday - something I'm not quite sure that I will get around to writing about anytime soon, but I know it'll have to come out. It's been a long and strange month and it's hard to tell which way is up most of the time.

So here I am, at the airport, awaiting the 19 hour leg between Detroit and Manila. Bringing my dad home is bittersweet and it's hard to believe it's been almost eight years since I've been home. I'm eager to go, yet dreading the eventual emotional storm I fear I will have to weather. But that's life. And the best we can do is go on.

In the meantime, I'm keeping my sense of humor intact. It seems to be the only thing saving me besides the amazing support system of friends that have sustained me this past month. So expect the usual Keeza wit. I'm already thinking of my next post. Airports are great fodder for blogs.

Stay tuned, I'll be back soon. In the meantime, mama's gotta eat some good food before I sit on a plane for almost a day.

Best,
Keez

No comments: