4.18.2005

It's been a crazy weekend to a hectic week.

Things are rather busy out here in the First State. Lots of stuff happening around work. So a little crazed.

This weekend was lots of fun, but I'm lots of tired. Big CBC, WC, and baseball weekend. Good to see everyone (and I mean everyone and their mother that traveled to C-town yesterday evening), awesome to work creatively with the CBC folks, and congrats to Dickert for the thesis being done! Can you believe that I've driven between Delaware and Maryland all weekend? I can barely fathom it myself and it all went by so fast. But hey, that's what happens when you work seven days a week and there's much going on in the evenings with all the things and folks you care about.

That's about it. Oh, and thanks to Baldwin for the Camden Yards tix. Because even when the Yankees lose, it's still a beautiful thing to watch. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and I got to spend it with two great people. That's the way to cap a rough week, go to the ballpark for a few hours with the State Director of the Coalition that you are working with and a best friend - on a completely gorgeous day - and you've got yourself an afternoon. Sure, the Yankees dropped a lot of games, but hell, it's only April and it is, what, the twelfth game? I'm not worried. At all. My boys know what to do. They just gotta work together and get it done. In the meantime, I'll enjoy catching a game when I can.

Doesn't hurt that we were right behind third base, close enough to see their faces. I sure did enjoy the sights of Jeter, A-Rod, Matsui, and Tino. Beautiful.

Now, it is resting time and I can be happy knowing I've had a good work week and an fantastic weekend. Who says you can't work and play hard at the SAME TIME? Huzzah.

No comments: