2.02.2005

Lordy, I was on quite an unwieldy rant last evening. That's okay. I still feel very strongly about the issue. But that's not the point of today's post.

Unemployment is very becoming for my blogger. As you can tell.

So here's a funny story I wanted to share. Because it's just that good.

Lemme preface this. Many of you are aware of my friends, but this story involves me, Fabs, and our other friend, Vicki.

There's an awesome story from the Fabs and Vicki NYU years that involves Vicki getting ridiculously wasted on the last day of class with some of her film classmates. Fabs was basically called in to assist in the drunkenness that was Vicks. After trying to feed her Ramen and ultimately eating it herself, Fabs was having a conversation with the other folks in the room as Vicki, wrapped to her neck in a blanket, was starting to fall over - again - and Fabs caught Vicki trying to keep herself upright by biting, since it was the only thing not under a blanket, and more likely - that she could control.

Maybe you have to hear that story in person. Either way, brilliant.

So Fabs and I go to see "National Treasure", which is so good, I've seen it thrice. Yes. Thrice. I don't care what you think. I am a big American history geek, so I've seen it with friends who want to see it and since I can hardly say no to a movie I like, I've seen it thrice.

Anyhoo, the guy playing Riley in the movie is the guy who got Vicki wasted on that last day of classes.

Fabs turns to me and says excitedly (we were the only two in the theatre at that moment in time), "That's the dude that got Vicki wasted! He was the retarded kid in "Gigli" and everytime I see him, I say to myself, 'That's the dude that got Vicki wasted!'"

We laughed. Watched the movie. Had a great time.

It wasn't until we were driving to D.C. the next day that I made a realization.

I turned to Fabs somewhere on 95 between Baltimore and DC and interrupted her incredulously.

"Wait! You've actually seen 'Gigli'?!!?"

After she peed her pants, I asked her if it was as bad as they said. She said a quick, "Yeah" and continued with the rest of the story she was telling before I so rudely interrupted her.

I would actually see "Eight Legged Freaks" or "Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest" before I saw "Gigli".

But the dood who got our friend drunk is in it.

And that is my story. No, you will not receive your ten cents back.

No comments: