6.17.2002

REDEMPTION!

Just a quick update on the "Doggie Doo" bit - yesterday, I was walking Lola (the doggie) and as I proceeded down the street, I noticed an elderly gentleman walking his dog without a leash. As he saw me approaching, he opened his gate and prodded the dog back in the gate to wait for me as I passed. I thanked him and went on my merry way to Lola's favorite spot when I noticed that he was still standing at the gate, urging the dog to stay inside and watching me with a weary eye. Undaunted, we continued. When I got halfway down the street, Lola started to do her business. As she was doing it, I grabbed the plastic bag in my pocket and proceeded to clean up after the dog. As I started, I heard the old man behind me clapping and yelling, "Thank you!" I turned around halfway to see him put both hands up in the air and say again, "Thank you!"

I smiled and replied, "No problem." After all, he was a cute little pooter.

Picking up poop has never been more fun or rewarding.

No comments: