11.27.2004

Happy post-Turkey day, everybodee!

So I tried to blog last night, but there was something wrong with the server. Damnhellass.

We had a fabulous turkey day, complete with fabulous turkey. So much food for four people, but we sho' did enjoy.

So I'm sitting here, attempting to pack up my room, but immobilized in front of the TV. When I woke up this afternoon (yes, this afternoon, So Young and me were running interference friend intervention last night - don't ask, but we got home around 4am), I turned on the tube in an attempt to focus my eyes, and saw college football was on. I thought to myself, "Yeah, I never get to see the Syracuse games."

Guess what? Orange playing BC.

And kicking some serious ass in the last game of the Big East. Of course, as I write that, the Eagles intercepted a punt to Syracuse and scored. Motherof! I don't usually have poison tongue, turns out that BC has good special teams, but whatever. Either way, I'm blogging while I watch my home team plizay.

It's so strange, coming from a college town. You catch your hometeam playing seven years after leaving home and you still feel like you are back home and it reminds you of watching games with your family and friends in the fall. Good memories. Awww.

But I did learn that not only is my grandmother a cutie-patootie muffin, but my grandmother is also a rank-and-file member of AFSCME, which is for whom I work. Pretty neat!

Oy. Apologies if this isn't very titillating right now, I'm distracted by football and I've got to start packing again. Oy. Moving ain't fun. Especially this move since I feel like I had just taken my stuff out of boxes before I left for Seattle. Gah. But everything happens for a reason, ain't so happy to leave NYC, but sometimes you've just got to. There's a whole world out there, I gotta keep reminding myself. Even if it means going to live in what Fabs fondly calls "the toilet god forgot to flush."

In the meantime, I'll hang in the armpit of the East Coast at our home in Delaware and play "While You Were Out" with So Young. Argh. Packing to do!

No comments: