11.13.2010

Vacation, all I ever wanted...

I have been inspired by y'all to not only post pics but to use this vacation as a chance to revamp my blog. See, I started this thing out of sheer boredom in 2002 before blogging was cool and so while I have amusing thoughts, this is a good reason to get back to it.

So I shall post pics, ruminations, stories and thoughts from the Asian Pacific because, let's face it - we all need some culture in our lives. I will share my homeland with you while I am there, deal? At the least, you'll get a picture a day or so. I think this will be fun for all.

So I have spent the last 5-6 hours of my life packing. Yes. Packing.

The first thing you should know about my people is that they love American goods. Like. LURVE. I can't explain it well other than they love that it's from America. Isn't it nice to know that not every country hates us out there?

So I was raised believing that you bring presents whenever you go home. It is because of this that I begrudgingly and without (much) complaint, use my skills honed from years of working at Mailboxes, Etc. to pack and stuff as much crap, er, gifts, in suitcases as possible.

In previous years, the weight limit to the Philippines has been 75 lbs a bag. Thanks to our amazing airlines, this has been reduced to 50lbs a bag, making my hours of tetris packing really interesting. Surprisingly, I managed to get each bag a few pounds under 50, just in case our scale is off. I'd like to think not as it's my personal one, but I guess I'll find out how accurate it is tomorrow and then promptly throw it away before training for Tahoe starts again...

Anyway, we now have 200 lbs of luggage sitting in the garage, waiting for our departure to the airport in the morning. Packing the carry-ons was also a really fun challenge, but rarely worth noting otherwise.

I am officially tired of the travel already. This will all change once I get there and feel the warm, humid, 98 degree weather and the "smell" of home. I'll have to try to describe that in the future. In the meantime, I'm off to find some Aleve and a hot shower for our 8am pickup because my mother believes you MUST get to the airport at least 4 hours before you leave.

I swear I'm gonna enjoy this. If I get there alive...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Thompson St,Fayetteville,United States

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Nice to have you back! I'm looking forward to reading your blogs!!! Much love!