6.25.2007

EFFIN' SQUIRRELS
This morning, I was awoken when my cat decided to use my stomach and sternum as a jumping off point to my bedroom window. Needless to say, I was not amused.

After thrashing about quite unhappily in an attempt to go back to bed, I heard a noise when I settled down. It sounded like a bird quacking and making glutteral noises.

More than intrigued, I sat up to find my cat sitting perched on the windowsill, looking intently at something outside my bedroom window.

My bedroom window is also attached to a door that leads out to a small fire escape. I walked slowly over to the door and pulled back the curtain.

A squirrel was sitting on the railing of the fire escape, staring straight back at my cat, and making weird noises. I thought perhaps this squirrel was rabid. I found out it was, well... squirrely.

After basically yelling at my cat, he started to chew on the fire escape. Suddenly, he started walking closer to the window towards the cat, getting louder as he did. I tried to find my camera, but failed. I was more than amused.

When he got to the screen of the window, my cat reached right out and swatted him on the head through the screen. The squirrel ran away.

My cat then jumped off the windowsill and walked towards the kitchen as if to say, "Well, that's off the to do list... next."

I went back to bed.

No comments: