1.20.2006

LOTS OF NEWNESS IN THE NEW YEAR


I find myself lacking sorely in my blog duties. I apologize. I've been busy.

Before I give a general blog update, I would like to address the myriad of comments I've received on this blog since I last posted. Would you believe that despite the comments asking you for your email that I cannot access it? So I can't answer y'all back.

That being said, here are my responses:

* Jeff, if you're out there, I'd love to commiserate with you. Hell, I have friends I haven't met yet. If you'd like to email me, click on "About Me" and drop me a line. How 20 something I am? Well, I'd be offended, but I can hardly be. Since I am in my 20s. So... um. Yeah.

* Kate, you hear my pain. Be sure to heed Jill's advice, though. Seriously.

* Jill, I miss you and Quizzo like a monkey misses crack. Or, well, you know what I mean. Tuesday nights and random Thursday nights just aren't the same without the girls. Sigh. Hopefully I can make a cameo on the team sometime soon.

* Mad Dog, I'm all about the gay cowboys. And the pedis.

* Maichan, one of these days I'll reference the strike. When my members end up paying more for their health insurance because of the standard the TWA set. I still don't know how good that all is. And Stegausarus has plates and spikes.

* Petey, where have you been all my life? We should get together before that time of the year when we can't talk to each other. Especially this year since it seems us New Yorkers added a very interesting lead-off hitter. You can hit me when you see me.

* Dave, testicle tap is a fun game that my friend created when drunk. I think you must be drunk to engage. Well, that's not entirely true, I guess. And all of these gay men are adorable as you all are and some of them were taken. And living in Philly. I kind of remember how it started, but testicle tap probably sounds much more fabulous that it is. It is simply a game where gay men allow the women and other gay men at the table to tap their testes. It's cheeky fun. That's all.

Now moving on to our regularly scheduled program:

So besides a new year, a new apartment, a new home, a new job, we can add new car to that list.

Yes. I got a new car. I realize I bought a new car a year and a half ago. Well, it was used. But I had to part with my Jeep when it became evident that with the events of late last year I had acquired my father's Nissan Quest. So four cars between my mother and I do not equal happiness in the wallet. I decided to trade in two for new (a phrase I have coined in the past week). And got something completely unexpected.

It's extravagant. It's huge. And it makes me nervous because it's new and I've never ever owned a new car in my life. I've always had hand-me-down cars or used cars that I drove into the ground (even the Liberty was no exception to this). So now I have a completely new car to drive into the ground.

I have a new, fully loaded 2006 Limited Dodge Durango. It's fairly amusing. But I got an AMAZING deal. Partly because of the trading two for new thing, but also because I negotiated like a pro. I had intended to get a new and fully loaded 2006 Limited Jeep Liberty. Or a smaller car that I wouldn't have to pay much on. But I basically got this car for the same amount I paid on my Liberty for less time and with everything thrown in. And because I'm union, I couldn't even look at many cars, I was keeping within the UAW list of built cars for 2006. Solidarity, friends.

So if you see a little brown monkey driving around in a huge car, it's probably me. It's really funny. And I'm getting used to it. It still makes me nervous, though. I hope I get over it.

Other than that, there seems to be nothing to write home about. Except that I've been busy. Especially now that Session has started and there's nothing but events and receptions to go to. Which would be fun. Except the whole time I've been out there, I find myself distracted by a singular, nagging thought: I hope to hell I get home in enough time to find parking for my tank.

Yeah. My life is complicated. Ha.

Oh, I'm really serious about doing this whole Asian excursion at some point. I hope someone will join me for the trip. I need a spiritual cleansing. I picked up learn Hindi the other day. I've reclaimed my Dhammapada, my Bhagavad Gita, and my Upanishads. I have been searching for interesting locales in India, Japan, Nepal, Tibet, mainland China, Singapore, Malaysia, Korea, and yes, the Philippines. I have netflixed foreign movies out the ass lately (specifically Chinese Kung-Fu movies and Bollywood). It's time for mama to get in touch with her Asian/Pacific Islander roots. Who wants in on the fun?

Right. Now off to do some budget analyzation. Whoot.

No comments: